What is Phuket Sandbox?
Phuket Sandbox model is a new plan that should allow foreign travelers who are fully vaccinated to enter Thailand without quarantine. The program is scheduled to start on 1 July 2021, before Thai borders will be fully reopened. Phuket is set to become the first Thai province of this “sandbox” model and tourists visiting the island will no longer need to be quarantined.
Foreign Traveller Journey
- A vaccine certificate to proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- A valid visa.
- A Certificate of Entry (COE) issued by the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate.
- A COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000.
- A confirmation of booking in a SHA Plus-certified accommodation establishment.
- A medical certificate with an RT-PCR laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Undergo Immigration and Customs procedures, and a COVID-19 screening, including RT-PCR tests.
- Download and install the alert application.
- Check-in at the pre-booked SHA Plus-certified accommodation establishment.
- Undergo a COVID-19 test using an RT-PCR method on Day 5 of your arrival per the MoPH’s guidelines.
- Engage in tourism activities or enjoy services in SHA Plus-certified venues and businesses, under the DMHTTA precautions.
- For emergency in case of having respiratory or other related symptoms, please alert the staff at your accommodation or contact the nearest hospital.
- The operator/owner of the accommodation establishment is required to report the name list and status of all foreign guests to the provincial authority on a daily basis.
- Children under 6 years of age must travel only with their parents or guardians who have been vaccinated
- In the case the parents or guardians are found to have COVID-19, the children are to be placed in isolation for 14 days.
- The Phuket Sandbox is applicable only for fully vaccinated international travellers from countries/regions with a low to medium risk of SAR-CoV-2 virus as announced and constantly updated by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
- High-risk countries are not allowed entry at this stage.
Visa & Certificate of Entry
- Every traveller must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE) at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/.
- Check the website to see the required documents;
- Embassy/Consulate-General takes 3 working days to process the application;
- Applicants can check the result of the application on the website.
- All vaccinated international arrivals must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the MoPH or approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Arrivals must be vaccinated more than 14 days.
Thailand will allow fully vaccinated visitors from low-risk countries to enter the kingdom without quarantine from Nov 1
Vaccination Progress in Phuket
Below is the Updated Numbers of the Vaccinated People in Phuket,
We will Keep updating the Progress of the Vaccination on the Island Frequently So you can Stay up to Date with the latest Changes.
Update : 29 JUNE 2021